Alcatel-Lucent/Comtech Telecommunications Short Message Service Center
The Short Messaging Service Center (SMSC) is a compact, high-capacity, multiprotocol SMS delivery platform with multiple deployment options. Established in 1996, the partnership between Alcatel-Lucent (ALU) and TeleCommunication Systems (Comtech Telecommunications) ensures you a complete and cost effective solution. The SMSC helps mobile operators to differentiate their data messaging services, offer enhanced applications, and increase subscriber loyalty and customer satisfaction, while minimizing CAPEX/OPEX.
In addition to supporting basic SMS applications, such as voice mail notification, numeric paging, mobile terminate/originate, and mobile IP (web-based messaging), the SMSC also supports Enhanced Messaging Services (EMS), including ringtone downloads, picture messages, audio clips along with contact lists.
The SMSC supports multiple network technologies and interworking among various technologies/networks, including CDMA, IMS, TDMA, GSM and UMTS for the delivery of SMS. Built-in IP messaging enables single-box support for legacy networks and IMS/LTE and minimizes hardware proliferation.
Benefits & Features
- Supports flexible text messaging and enhanced message service for delivery options.
- Simultaneous support of traditional and next generation networks: CDMA/TDMA, GSM/UMTS, CDMA 3G, IMS, and LTE core network environments
- Flexible deployment options— provides carriers with intelligent routing options in addition to high performance, high availability store/forward SMS delivery engine
- Supports new carrier services (EMS, Prepaid SMS, premium messaging events (e.g. voting), embedded promotions, usage controls, Message archiving, personalized messaging features such as copy/forward etc.)
- Location Based Services (LBS) – User Plane Support allows for integration with LBS applications, which support trigger messages for User Plane Network Initiated location requests
- SS7 and SMPP intra- and inter-carrier solutions
- Integration with Comtech Telecommunications VAS
- Scalable geographically redundant platform with 99.999% reliability
- Complies with US federal mandates, such as CALEA, Number Pooling, and Wireless Number Portability
- Spam filtering capabilities via operator provisionable spam text strings and message volume over a period of time from sending source
- Improves user experience by detecting and discarding duplicate messages due to dual mode handsets moving in and out of LTE networks
- Complete end-to-end interoperability with all core network components
Contact Comtech Telecommunications
Sales inquires outside the US:
- EMEA: +34 677 595 420
- Carib. & Latin Am. +1 703.727.1995
|Contact Information |